Sunday, August 20, 2006

San Francisco/Good Bye

I guess its finally here. I'm about to leave for Dhaka, making stops in New York and Dubai. I'm not so sure it really feels like it though. Don't get me wrong. I'm excited to leave, but I've been in the planning stages for so long that its weird to see everything engage. A much needed haircut, dinner, and a taxi ride are all that stand between me and the plane (well, that and plenty of security checkpoints/restrictions).

The entrie weekend has been really relaxing. For some reason I feel way more at home in the city then down in Slo or southern california. I didn't exactly contemplate Jazz or "drag myslef through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix", but it was definatly nice to be up here. I took the greyhound out of San Luis Obispo on Friday morning arriving on Mission street in the afternoon. I'm sure I looked a little weird walking down the street trying to hail a cab with a few bags in sandlals still disheveled from a rough thrudsay night downtown in Slo.

The really short version of my time here: Shower, french vietnamese, sleep, french kicks @ cafe Du Norde, zzzz... maybe not the french kicks, coffee, bus 22, getting a cell phone, the haight, fire escape time, french vietnamese, irish pubs and art bars in inner sunset w/ paul, le, and felicia, le's incredible hospitality, breakfast, De Young, the "N", more walking around/ thrift store shopping, dinner at spices, Zeki's bar, sleep, cup of joe coffee, laundry, packing, supplies, Union Square, tea near china town/north beach @ an awesome bar across from pearls... bringing us to now.

So anyways. I'm off to that much deserved hair cut. I'll let you all know how the flight/s go. Hope all is well with everyone. Some of you are starting new jobs and new schools and some are traveling. Best of luck to you all. Your at the forefront of my thoughts.

2 Comments:

Blogger beckalippy said...

Keithers!!
It was super sweet to chat with you last night before you left the country. SF, huh? well, next time you enjoy my city, I want to do it with you!!
Chao chao

6:06 AM  
Blogger beckalippy said...

by the way... no chilena girls for you!! or at least not that one!

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home