Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Orion

You, Orion, work as a clock, touching the eastern sky as the last throws of purple are bewitched to blackness. Never mind these skelaton oaks reaching out to shield the earth from your beauty. They too will freeze along with this ground and pass with the contant ticking of time. Nevermind them, for your path was set in motion long ago.

Answer me this though: how is it that you never grow tired of your destiny? Each night you move across the dark winter sky like a ticker tape on a blue mass set in heavy rotation. Every morning you move into latency, welcoming the daybreak; welcoming the time when your feet touch the deep blueness of the sea on the western horizon. Just look at you. Placed by God as dynamic sculpture in the stars, given life by human imagination.

Orion, do you see me among these oaks? Do you watch me on the earth night after night as I stare back at you wide eyed, transfixed by the flickering planes cutting across your sky? Oh Orion, these are hard times for dreamers, but you inspire me in your path as a constant, never wavering. I envy your resignation. The night’s bitterness is lost on you.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rach said...

I like it when you post on your blog. :-) And yes, it is late right now, I've recently become somewhat of an insomniac, luckily for me I love books...insomnia and books mix well, kinda like ice cream and pinot noir, oh and throw in a cosby record too, pretty good mix if you ask me. Hey, maybe I'll see you this weekend and we can celebrate our unemployment!

12:45 AM  
Blogger Rach said...

Well, its christmas....thought I'd be the first to publicly wish you a merry christmas...oh yes, it's late yet again. CURSE INSOMNIA!!!

1:12 AM  
Blogger beckalippy said...

I lov eyour blogs. I am never as eloquent as I want to be it always comes out butchered and awkward, but your blogs...
I have to admit that Orion has been quite a bit of comfort down here. I can see Orion is this southern hemisphere sky and I always start singing "somewhere out there" from the Fifel movie. So tonight when you look up at Orion know that I was watching it just 5 hours earlier... :D
Te quiero Keitheroo.

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home