Monday, November 13, 2006

Transitions - Salton Sea - Marriage

As you might of guessed from the title I have been feeling the winds of change lately, so I went to the salton sea and got married. My appologies for not telling any of you, hopefully you understand. 

So as of late I've taken to writing down plans and things to do on my mirror with a permanent marker. No, I probably shouldn't say lately; it's actually been happening for awhile now. Last year I remember Pam and I would write down inspiring quotes or something like that. Over the summer it migrated into the inspirational/blow off the world type (with empasis of the blow of the world), and upon my return it's been a chaotic jumble of things to do (which end up staying on there for awhile). To be honest, I've been tempted to further the migration into art. Now I'm not exaclty talking about the design oriented art or a favorite lithograph. I'm talknig about a much more deranged variety such as drawing an old man curlie que mustach on my reflection or something of that variety.  What on earth does this have to do with anything? The answer is not much, but it provides a decent illustration of how things have changed over the past 1.5 years. Encouragement- blow off the world - slight insanity, same mirror. It's a really predictable pattern if you ask me and one that is more then evident in conversatoins that I've had over that period of time. 

I've been loosing track of some intersting people lately. That is really a bummer. I'm so predictable. Times get confusing and I go wandering. The truly unfortunate part is that a few of my friends have been going through some hard times lately, and I find myself not being as understanding as I normally would be. I'm not so sure this blog is going to be a turning point either. That is rather unfortunate and a blog is no place for consoulment, but I will go on to say that these times happen for a reason. One never grows durring the easiest of times, but more so through struggle. I'm not so sure how much help I can be, but there is a glass of wine with anyones name on it at my place. Stop on by...

What's on the docket? For starters, I've been putting together some of the stuff that Chris and I have taken at the Salton Sea over the last few years in addition to trying to compile stuff from my time in SLO. 



The Salton Sea trips are so bittersweet. On the one hand, it's hard to see such an aweseome place shunned by much of the environmentalist comunity. It's really odd, but it's one of the biggest lakes in California. Yeah that's right. A reeeally big freekin lake, that nobody knows about exept for the colloquial description "that thing that smells" by people on their way to glamis. Go ahead, ask someone to try to locate it and you'd think you'd asked them where Iraq was. On the other hand, hanging out, getting buzzed off 2 dollar hefenwizen's with grandmothers, dudes with eye patches, and the token bar fixture (in this case his name was Bob) is really neat. Really really neat.

Oh yeah, marriage. I did a wirlwind visit to orange country this weekend for Jon Shuler's wedding. What a great experience. The pastor's talk about balancing was right on, and I really came to appreciate that view of relationships. Being able to complement one another is by far more importaint then finding someone that is similar to you. As a disclaimer this is my view of relationships circa November 13, 2006. It is bound to change (most likely by November 14th). Anyways I had the pleasure of doing some "blue tape" with Jon and Erica a week or so before the wedding. Again, a really good experience.






So anyways if your reading this and thinking "wow this sounds a bit different then some of his other ramblings".. good. You got the point. Hope all is well with everyone, and if I haven't talked to you lately, bear with me. I'll come around.

-Keith

2 Comments:

Blogger Rach said...

hola mi amigo...debo take you up on your offer de vino (te gusta mi spanglish?) Oigo que el vino de tu casa es maravilloso! Oh espera...yo se es maravilloso!! Seriously though...gracias for all your support right now...eres un buen amigo, en serio. Veremos pronto mi amigo (cuando mi sanity es perdido porque mi semana loco!!)

9:45 PM  
Blogger beckalippy said...

I like your ramblings... they bring me to reality. And I like your photos.
Iraq... isn't that somewhere in South America? jejeje..
Te quiero mucho!

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home